Introduction

To Hear and Obey

In this day and age there are many voices clamoring to be heard. Everyone has an answer and an opinion. But what if there were only one voice to be heard? Only one opinion? I along with other like minded people have been seeking, knocking and asking. For a surety there are two voices speaking in the world today. One voice is saying "take your life in your own hands as you see your own needs". The other voice is saying "give up your life, follow me, give me control of your life". The first voice mentioned here seems to be the most popular. So the obvious decision here is to hear the second voice "give up your life" and go with the minority. For with this voice if we follow will lead to a very narrow road. This road is not the scenic route either. Most maps will tell you that it doesn't even exist. In fact if you travel this path everyone around you will do everything in their power to get you off of it. I sincerely hope you have already made a decision to take this road, and since so few choose it may we see each other often in the fellowship on it. If you have not made this decision I pray that you would follow this journey. Shalom, Chris

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Grace (part 1)

What is the definition of "grace"? I found that to be a bit harder than I imagined it would be. I found that most of my definitions were not even my own, but rather those told to me. This particular Shabbat we studied it out as a family. Both my wife and I were floored at what we found. I also found one of the most beautiful things I have ever known.
For the past few months I have been gone through some trials.
I have always been a servant in the body (22 years), yet YHWH showed me that my service was not all it should be. I have always known how to pray and believe YHWH for the answer. Yet YHWH showed me otherwise. Lately "grace and mercy" has been the topic. It is one of the most argued topics today as yesterday. Shouldn't we have a clear understanding of this? I Bless YHWH for His revelation and the wisdom to use it. Please study this with me and respond that we may be "echad" as The Father and The Son are "echad.

GraceH2580
חן
chên
khane
From H2603; graciousness, that is, subjectively (kindness, favor) or objectively (beauty): - favour, grace (-ious), pleasant, precious, [well-] favoured.

Beauty: As the beauty of the camp. To give or show beauty, grace or mercy to another. [freq. 69] kjv: grace, favour, gracious, pleasant, precious {str: 2580}



Gen 6:8 But Noaḥ found favour(beauty) in the eyes of יהוה.

Exo 33:12 And Mosheh said to יהוה, “See, You are saying to me, ‘Bring up this people.ʼ But You have not made known to me whom You would send with me, though You have said, ‘I know you by name, and you have also found favour(beauty) in My eyes.ʼ

Rth 2:10 And she fell on her face, bowed down to the ground, and said to him, “Why have I found favour(beauty) in your eyes, that you should take notice of me, seeing I am a foreigner?”
Rth 2:11 And Boʽaz answered and said to her, “I have been told all that you have done for your mother-in-law since the death of your husband, and how you have left your father and your mother and the land of your birth, and have come to a people whom you did not know before.
Rth 2:12 “יהוה repay your work, and your reward is complete from יהוה Elohim of Yisraʼĕl, under whose wings you have come to seek refuge.”
Rth 2:13 And she said, “Let me find favour(beauty) in your eyes, my master, because you have comforted me, and have spoken to the heart of your female servant, though I am not like one of your female servants.”

Est 2:15 And when the turn came for Estĕr, the daughter of Aḇihayil the uncle of Mordeḵai, who had taken her as his daughter, to come in to the sovereign, she sought no matter but what Hĕḡai the sovereignʼs eunuch, guardian of the women, advised. And Estĕr found favour(beauty) in the eyes of all who saw her.
Est 2:17 And the sovereign loved Estĕr more than all the women, and she found favour(beauty) and kindness in his eyes more than all the maidens. And he set the royal crown upon her head and made her sovereigness instead of Vashti.

Num 32:5 And they said, “If we have found favour(beauty) in your eyes, let this land be given to your servants as a possession, and do not let us pass over the Yardĕn.”
Num 32:10 “Then the displeasure of יהוה burned on that day, and He swore an oath, saying,
Num 32:11 ‘Not one of the men who came up from Mitsrayim, from twenty years old and above, is to see the land of which I swore to Aḇraham, Yitsḥaq, and Yaʽaqoḇ, because they did not follow Me completely,

So here we have examples of Noach, Moshe, Ruth, Ester and the children of Y'israel. Four of them found His "beauty"(grace) and the children of Y'israel did not. Yet there is a common thread between them and what seperates them. So we look for more witnesses. In the next one I believe it is about The Messiah.

Psa 45:2 You are more handsome than the sons of men; Favour(beauty) has been poured upon Your lips; Therefore Elohim has blessed You forever.
Psa 45:3 Gird Your sword upon Your thigh, O Mighty One, Your excellency and Your splendour. Psa 45:4 And ride prosperously in Your splendour, On the matter of truth and humility, righteousness; And let Your right hand lead You to awesome matters.

It seems to me that here there is a witness to "humility" as one of the things that defines one as "the beauty of the camp".

Psa 84:11 For יהוה Elohim is a sun and a shield; יהוה gives favour(beauty) and esteem; He withholds no good matter From those who walk blamelessly.

Here is another witness for "walking blamelessly". But who can attest to that? There are a few in scripture but I will focus on One.

Luk 2:40 And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, being filled with wisdom. And the favour(beauty) of Elohim was upon Him.
Luk 2:52 And יהושע increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour(beauty) with Elohim and men.

Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh and pitched His tent among us, and we saw His esteem, esteem as of an only brought-forth of a father, complete in favour(beauty) and truth.
Joh 1:16 And out of His completeness we all did receive, and favour(beauty) upon favour,(beauty)
Joh 1:17 for the Torah was given through Mosheh – the favour(beauty) and the truth came through יהושע Messiah.

Is it just me or is this the best witness of all. He "pitched His tent" and is "complete in beauty" and from Him we receive His beauty! As i read this those first five examples became clearer. Noach was the only beauty YHWH saw on earth. Moshe was a type of Messiah. Ruth desired YHWH more than her own people. Ester helped in delivering her people and all who beheld her saw her as the beauty of the camp. All of these were humble. Was YHWH Elohim not their sun and shield, and what great matter did He withold from them. Yet He did withold from the children of Y'israel in the desert. No man above twenty years old left there alive. I see several witnesses and examples to the "grace" of YHWH. Those who walk according to His word, who LOVE HIM with all their heart, soul and might will have His beauty poured out upon them. Yes it's free, for those who desire the completeness of Messiah. Not my words but His Word.

1Jn 2:1 My little children, I write this to you, so that you do not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Intercessor with the Father, יהושע Messiah, a righteous One.
1Jn 2:2 And He Himself is an atoning offering for our sins, and not for ours only but also for all the world.
1Jn 2:3 And by this we know that we know Him, if we guard His commands.1 Footnote: 1See 3:6.
1Jn 2:4 The one who says, “I know Him,” and does not guard His commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jn 2:5 But whoever guards His Word, truly the love of Elohim has been perfected1 in him. By this we know that we are in Him.2 Footnotes: 1Gen. 17:1, Ps. 119:1, Mt. 5:48. 2See 3:24.
1Jn 2:6 The one who says he stays in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked.
1Jn 2:7 Beloved, I write no fresh command to you, but an old command which you have had from the beginning. The old command is the Word which you heard from the beginning.1 Footnote: 1See v. 24.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIfully displayed. Especially John 1:17, that the Torah was given through Mosheh, and that the grace, favour and BEAUTY of the Torah came through Messiah. Yahshua certainly fulfilled the Torah, by making it
more full, more BEAUTIful, thereby leaving us a BEAUTIful example for us to follow in his footsteps.