Introduction

To Hear and Obey

In this day and age there are many voices clamoring to be heard. Everyone has an answer and an opinion. But what if there were only one voice to be heard? Only one opinion? I along with other like minded people have been seeking, knocking and asking. For a surety there are two voices speaking in the world today. One voice is saying "take your life in your own hands as you see your own needs". The other voice is saying "give up your life, follow me, give me control of your life". The first voice mentioned here seems to be the most popular. So the obvious decision here is to hear the second voice "give up your life" and go with the minority. For with this voice if we follow will lead to a very narrow road. This road is not the scenic route either. Most maps will tell you that it doesn't even exist. In fact if you travel this path everyone around you will do everything in their power to get you off of it. I sincerely hope you have already made a decision to take this road, and since so few choose it may we see each other often in the fellowship on it. If you have not made this decision I pray that you would follow this journey. Shalom, Chris

Thursday, July 15, 2010

If My people? Who are called by My Name? 2 Chr 7:14

2Ch 7:14 and My people upon whom My Name is called, shall humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I shall hear from the heavens, and forgive their sin and heal their land.
2Ch 7:15 “Now, My eyes are open and My ears attentive to the prayer of this place.
2Ch 7:16 “And now, I have chosen and set this house apart for My Name to be there forever. And My eyes and My heart shall always be there.
2Ch 7:17 “And you, if you walk before Me as your father Dawiḏ walked, and do according to all that I have commanded you, and if you guard My laws and My right-rulings,
2Ch 7:18 then I shall establish the throne of your reign, as I covenanted with Dawiḏ your father, saying, ‘There is not to cease a man of yours as ruler in Yisraʼĕl.ʼ
2Ch 7:19 “But if you turn away and forsake My laws and My commands which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other mighty ones, and bow yourself to them,
2Ch 7:20 then I shall pluck them from My land, which I have given them, and this house which I have set apart for My Name I shall cast out of My sight and make it to be a proverb and a mockery among all peoples.
2Ch 7:21 “And this house, which has been exalted, everyone who passes by it is shall be astonished and say, ‘Why has יהוה done thus to this land and this house?ʼ
2Ch 7:22 “Then they shall say, ‘Because they forsook יהוה Elohim of their fathers, who brought them out of the land of Mitsrayim, and embraced other mighty ones, and bowed themselves to them and served them, therefore He has brought all this evil on them.ʼ ”

Posterboards all over Texas have 2 Chr 7:14 Pray for our nation, above an American flag.
The people I have talked to only know the verse regarding praying and healing our land. This is actually an answer from The Almighty. The nation of Y'israel had just finished sanctifying the temple.

2Ch 7:5 And Sovereign Shelomoh made an offering of twenty-two thousand bulls and one hundred and twenty thousand sheep. Thus the sovereign and all the people dedicated the House of Elohim.

This response from YHWH was to a people that were set apart to Him. He also warns the people what He will do if the pople turn away. Surely our country has not turned away from YHWH.

Unless you count the millions of slaughtered babies
Unless you count Rom 1:27 and likewise, the men also, having left natural relations with woman, burned in their lust for one another.
Unless you count our addiction to pharmakia, witchcraft, fortunetelling, false prophets and false messiahs.

If we want YHWH to heal our land then we MUST TURN from our wicked ways, humble ourselves and pray.

No comments: