Introduction

To Hear and Obey

In this day and age there are many voices clamoring to be heard. Everyone has an answer and an opinion. But what if there were only one voice to be heard? Only one opinion? I along with other like minded people have been seeking, knocking and asking. For a surety there are two voices speaking in the world today. One voice is saying "take your life in your own hands as you see your own needs". The other voice is saying "give up your life, follow me, give me control of your life". The first voice mentioned here seems to be the most popular. So the obvious decision here is to hear the second voice "give up your life" and go with the minority. For with this voice if we follow will lead to a very narrow road. This road is not the scenic route either. Most maps will tell you that it doesn't even exist. In fact if you travel this path everyone around you will do everything in their power to get you off of it. I sincerely hope you have already made a decision to take this road, and since so few choose it may we see each other often in the fellowship on it. If you have not made this decision I pray that you would follow this journey. Shalom, Chris

Friday, July 9, 2010

Sh'ma Y'israel/Hear and Obey

I was asked by a question by someone a few weeks ago that is possibly the most contended subject in scripture. "What has been done away with?" My response was nothing! Has the sun not gotten out of bed for one day? Do the stars take a vacation? Maybe the seas take a break from their constant tides? No, No and No. I gave the same answer to the question posed to me, No.
Every time I didn't want to obey my parents I had a response similar to "that was done away with years ago". How convenient for me that I was so much wiser than my parents. Now I am a parent and I see my sin for what it was, disobedience. Since when did the instruction from a parent who loves their child get done away with? Yet this is the norm for the world in which we live. Everyone sees what is right in their own eyes. We justify our sins, wants, so called needs and feed our putrid stinking flesh to the point that we don't want anything that is good for us.
Our places of worship are no different. We come and are reminded once a week that we need to repent. We are overjoyed because someone died on a cross for us. Now we don't have to do anything because we are forgiven and there is nothing we can do to earn our salvation.
Imagine your 18 year old child saying to you something like this. Hey dad I'm sorry I stole 20 dollars from you again, oh yeah and I'm sorry I took your keys without asking the tow truck driver pulled your car out of the ditch and you can pick it up at the impound yard. But I'm so glad dad that I don't have to go out and get a job because you have already paid the price for me. So anyway I'll see you next week dad and I'll try to do better, by the way do you have 20 dollars? Love you Dad.
This scenario is so absolutely absurd it shouldn't be allowed in the funny section of the paper! So to the meat of what I'm getting at. There are rules that were layed down a long time ago for a rebellious and stiffnecked people. Guess what, the rules still apply. Messiah Yeshua said it very clear throughout the gospel writings. OBEY! Don't take my word for it, see for yourself. I'm just another man. I have been blessed since I got rid of the greek based interpretations of scripture. I now have the "Hebraic roots version Scriptures" based on the original Hebrew and aramaic writings.
Return to The Father of Lights and trash everything from the father of lies. Our Heavenly Father gave us words to live by. The following scripture has been the basis for my journey to go through the "narrow gate" that few find.
Deuteronomy 6:4
HEBREW: Shema Y'israel YHWH Elohaynu, YHWH echad
ENGLISH: Hear o Y'israel: YHWH our Elohim, YHWH is ONE

Deut 6:4 Hear, o Y'israel: YHWH our Elohim, YHWH is one.
5 and you shall love YHWH your Elohim with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.
6 and these words which I command you this day, shall be upon your heart
7 and you shall teach them diligently unto your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up.

So what words did YHWH command them? You have to read the rest to find out. Watching veggie tales isn't good enough. YHWH loves us and knows exactly what we need. He has called us to come out of the nations and become a people set apart to Him. He is a jealous El and will not share us with another. Let us seek Him with all of our heart, soul and might.
Shalom, Chris

No comments: